Happy new year! This is going to be my first post for 2010 so bless this post! Hehe. I’m already sleepy but I just want to accomplish something today. I am already finished marketing the PHP conference 2010 so now, I’m gonna continue my long story about my Hongkong Trip. Today is Day 2!
We woke up early. I’m the most excited! I always dreamed of this day, this is the main attraction for me so I guess you have an idea how excited I am. We skipped breakfast because it was already almost 9am when we left the hostel. We took the MTR again from Tsim Sha Tsui to Lantau Island. The MTR have direct path to Disneyland so the way there wasn’t that difficult. We used our octopus card so I wasn’t sure how much to go there but my guess is that it is more or less HKD30.00. The last station going to disneyland has the disney feel already. Made me more excited
The place opens at 10am and closes at 8pm. In a big day like one of saturdays of December, a one day visit is probably not enough. It was not enough for us, we weren’t able to take the all the rides. The queue on each attraction would take us 30 – 45 minutes. But we only had 1 day to enjoy the most out of it.
For first timers, I would suggest to make schedule of activities that are only played once on that day. Example is the parade and pyro show. Some attractions on the other hand are played only a few times a day so that was 2nd on our list. The only thing that I regretted was that I wasn’t able to take a pic with Mickey and Minnie The line was soo long that it will probably take us more than 45 minutes. I should have done it in the morning when there were still few people. I already had that chance but I was too excited to go around
The day was full of adventures. My top lists to visit are as follows:
- Picture taking with Disney celebs – need I say more?
- the Parade at 3:30PM – see all the characters. Position in the best place early. We were already late so did not get the perfect view of all characters.
- Lion King theater show – I enjoyed this show the most
- Space mountain – love this specially the picture!
- Tarzan’s treehouse – I want that treehouse in our backyard! It is very beautiful. I even thought the tree was for real!
- Buzz lightyear Astro Blasters – an interactive adventure
- It’s a small world – very beautiful dolls dressed in different national costumes. See if you can spot Philippines
Here are some pictures
The night ended with magical fireworks display and sore feet! Imagine walking and standing for 10hours and the intervals that we sat was only 5-15minutes. Anyway, I don’t mind because it was a fun day. We even had the energy to find a restaurant and an internet shop (to check emails – err – work). Luckily, there wasn’t much pressure at work so we went off and prepared for our next big day!
See you again!
Also check out: