I like to try new things because I don’t want to grow old regretting because I did not try when I had the chance. October Fest 08 is a lot of first time to me.
(btw, I decided to also express myself in Tagalog, my first language. It’s just hard to express my true feelings using a language other than Tagalog.)
So here it is. It’s my first time …
- to be in a party till 4am and we have to drive from Pampanga to Mandaluyong just for that! Some of my friends tagged me lakwatsera although I am not. Naka-trip lang. LOL
- na makipagsiksikan sa mob, ung as in hindi kana makagalaw and I literally mean di ka na makagalaw sa sobrang dikit dikit ng mga tao. Words from Neri, “para kang na-rape”. The maniac are taking all the chances to do their evil stuff. I was willing to go home at that moment already. Then bouncers let the girls in first but we got scared when they (bouncers) started to lift the women in order to pass the bars when there is in fact a small area on the left side where we could get it. I felt sorry for some of the women because they were kinda harassed in a way. Ggrr, men, men, men.. Bigs was so pissed off at that idea and she really looked for other way. I so much love Bigs for that! I was saved from another harassment.
- to see a lot of bouncers! haha! and bouncers holding hands! haha!
- to drink 1/4 glass of beer (I tasted beer before but I only had a sip). Never really like the taste until now. I wonder why they don’t offer sweet beers. Haha.
- to watch a concert where there were many artists. I never knew third eye blind sang the songs I liked. Now I know! I also saw spongecola, southborder and spongecola even it was just in the monitor. Our male friends weren’t able to enter the place after the bouncers let the girls in, so we just decided to enjoy the party outside. Before we left though, I had the chance to take a glimpse of the third eye blind. Overall, it was enjoyable, too bad I did not hear Nyoy sing. Too bad really. I am his fan.
- to meet people with different personality.
Lain is to accommodating, I felt the warm welcome and sincere desire to make sure I had a good OctoberFest experience. Well, you still did
Raymond, the person with the dry wit, reminds me of my friend in college.
Bigs, made it possible for us to enter the party. I love Bigs diskarte, truly a Capampangan!
Lisa, allowed us to change clothes and get some rest in her apartment.
Melay, the person I talked to half of the time while the others are busy fighting the circumstances. We really did not do anything, not even support! Haha! We were the princesses.
Ji and Bigs BF (I forgot his name), I did not had the chance to know them a little more, hope I do next time.
and of course Neri, wasn’t a first time to meet her (ofcourse) so I would not say anything:P But she was the one to invite me so thank you.
- to seriously fight with sleepiness because I had to attend the WordCamp at 8am. We went in McDonalds after the party and chatted about anything and everything about college life, highschool craziness, serious work stuff and a lot of funny funny stories. Thanks to the group for all the help, really really really appreciate the gesture. Imagine, they had to stay up and court me to the LRT so that I can attend the WordCamp event safely. I’m touched.
- to be part of the new Guinness World record breaker for the longest beer bar. They beat Taiwan’s record of 220 meters with 603.5-meter-long beer bar, with four concert stages to boot.
Was that a lot of first time? Even we did not able to get inside, I still think the experience is awesome. Couldn’t exchange it for anything else. Here are some photos: